Uncategorized

Ad Campaign for Velskoen Drive in. WOOP*

jewsa3toprint

screenpolaroidI love the Velskoen drive in! so much.. i’ve had so many cool memories there from when i was little til the other day.. ah! its such a novelty that i dont think i will get over : ) thats why i picked it when we had to choose a small weird kind of business to do an ad campaign for.

uh i’m not gonna give you my whole rationale but basically my objective was to fight competition and create more awareness of the drive in and its unique selling points ie. at the drive in there are no rules.. you can wear whatever you want, eat whatever you want – do whatever you want and no ones watching you, you’re in the privacy of your own car!  So i have 3 ads in which i have different stereotypes at the drive in letting their guards down and revealing their true selves, essentially breaking the stereotype.. enjoy!

jocka3toprintmodelsa3toprintjewsa3toprint
THANK YOU: Natalie, Michelle, Jarred, Steve, Matt and Dylan 🙂

you guys are AWESOME!

You Might Also Like

7 Comments

Chris Dawson
    March 5, 2009 at 5:47 pm

awesome em!
    really realy clever concept, and great pics as always Dyl!
    I like the weepy jock one best 😀

emmajane
      March 5, 2009 at 6:49 pm

THANKS! 🙂 🙂 – we were suppose to meet with the manager and everything and show them what we were doing but he wouldnt see me, something about the press twisting their words and i had to get permission from the main manager of ster kinekor – who is impossible to get hold of.. 🙁 o well..

Mick
    March 5, 2009 at 5:59 pm

Em, these are so cool! Well done! Velskoen must use these as their campaign, it’ll do so well.

Dylan
    March 5, 2009 at 7:19 pm

oooh… They came out so well… nice job emmie*!

Matt has to be my favourite! The others are classic, but a Jock with a teddy gets first place!

Hannahkin
    March 12, 2009 at 10:38 pm

woot! these are amazing 🙂 i’m gonna go with the jock as my favourite too… but i honestly love them all!

Alex van Heerden
    January 4, 2010 at 1:50 pm

Classic, I love it!!!!!
    I recently rediscoverred the underrated past time that is “Draaif In”, and can’t get enough of Velskoen!!! Im glad I’m not the only sod still appreciating it!!!

Thanks

Kaylin
    June 21, 2011 at 9:11 am

I absolutely love the drive in. I rediscovered it the other weekend and I just want to keep going. I’m afraid that it eventually dies out because people don’t even think aboutbit anymore . Half of the people i told though that they weren’t even around anymore! Gasp! It really needs more advertising and Im so glad to see someone is trying. Thumbs up to you!! they are great!