A few cool things happening this weekend in Joburg (starting tonight, because thursday is the new friday).
1. Night of 1000 drawings is on tonight at the Scibono centre in Newtown. Tickets are only R30 and you could score yourself a nice piece of art for R100 (all proceeds going to an amazing cause). Read more about it here.
2. The night market is on at Market on Main tonight.
3. Food Wine Design starts tomorrow on the roof of Hyde Park Corner. If you like good food, incredible wine and buying beautiful designed things this fair is a feast. Tickets are R80.
4. Nestlé SA and their digital agency, NATIVE VML, are celebrating the announcement of Android™ KitKat with Chocnology with an exhibition of 3D-printed sculptures made entirely out of chocolate. Ten talented local artists were recruited to design the edible artworks using Android™ KitKat as their inspiration. The exhibition is on at MOAD (which is a flipping cool venue we shot at about a month ago) from tonight 7th November until Sunday 10th November.
5. The Rosebank Rooftop market has moved and in it’s place arrives the Finders Keepers market, launching this Sunday, the 10th November. I’m hoping for a lot of cool vintage stalls but we’ll see? Really hoping for something different.
and that’s it for my first edition of “Weekend recreation”.. have an amazing weekend everybody!