WEDNESDAY 22 MAY, 2013 / COMMENTS 
Local lovely Jane Sews has just launched her online store. I couldn't be more excited because her beautiful garments are made in very limited quantities so this is one way to make sure you get your paws on these beautiful pieces. Here are some lovely pictures by Dear Heart of her Fall line. They look so wonderful, warm and cozy. She's also just introduced some accessories into her collection too - look out for bags, iphone covers, belts and scarves.
Beautiful Amy! Well done!
Photographer - Dear Heart
Model - Andrea Gema Bester
THURSDAY 2 MAY, 2013 / COMMENTS 
Two sneak peaks from my first fashion shoot yesterday. It was wonderful and stressful and exciting all at once. Can't wait to share more about this shoot soon.
THURSDAY 25 APRIL, 2013 / COMMENTS 
Margot Molyneux has just launched her online store. It's clean and beautiful just like her clothes. Here are a few items that caught my eye while browsing.
Shipping costs R60 and takes 3 days for a local delivery, and International delivery for R150 that will reach you in 7-10 days.
They also have a sizing guide online which helps a lot if you're not sure what will fit.
WEDNESDAY 24 APRIL, 2013 / COMMENTS 
What are your desires and plans for this coming winter?
For me our work slows down wonderfully. These last few months we have worked hard and i'm not complaining at all. Busy is good but i'm looking forward to the down time. I'm looking forward to cozy slow week day mornings, making several cups of tea before having to get going and getting around to all the things i've been wanting to do (There's quite a list).
I love this Winter look book by Element Eden, not only because of clothes (and the clothes are amazing) but because of the whole idea of winter down time, getting cosy and crafty, and drinking abundant amounts of tea.
Here are a few of my winter goals/plans, I encourage you to make a list of your own too.
1. Get lost in a few good books instead of getting lost in Pinterest.
2. Create. I have a few things i've been dying to make for a while, but haven't had the time or head space to just do it!
3. Get/Make prints for the house. Our walls still feel bare and I have a few ideas/photos in mind.
4. Make a rad wedding album. I STILL haven't put together our own wedding book.
5. Be careful with electricity. Winter is the time when bills go up like crazy. Make more hot water bottles. Grab a blanket. Get our anthracite fire place working.
6. Create a few yummy (healthy) go-to winter recipes. Soups, stews to cook in bulk and freeze. I'd be happy to share them here too if they turn out nicely.
7. Escape winter when it gets too much. Even if you go to Durban, or a warm coffee shop. Sometimes you need to escape it, and get out of the house. We're going to Europe in July and are very excited for our month of summer in between the cold. (hey, we didn't have a December!) ; )
8. Start a personal photography project. Don't know what it will be yet, but something without pressure, and that isn't for profit.
9. Finish our house. I feel like things are 80% there. It just needs a bit more love, and things on the walls.
10. Make my own mix of homemade tea. I've been drinking a lot of interesting herbal teas lately and i'm pretty keen to attempt to make a blend of my own. (Ps. check out the Chai tea recipe at the end)
Here is delicious home made chai tea recipe to make at home this winter (courtesy of EE):
What are your winter plans? I'd love to hear them.
FRIDAY 12 APRIL, 2013 / COMMENTS 
Makes me okay with this cooler weather.
THURSDAY 16 MAY, 2013 / COMMENTS 
Spotted this cool combo on Asos last night. What do you think of it?
I like it so much, and I think it's the kind of outfit that makes you feel like a little girl going to a birthday party (which i'm still not sure is a good or bad thing). Here are a few ladies who have worn it well.
TUESDAY 30 APRIL, 2013 / COMMENTS 
Last week I was invited to the first ever Gap Styling Session hosted by Grazia SA. We all got to pick out a pair of Gap jeans to take home and style with whatever we already had in our wardrobes. I decided to take a bit of risk and go for these bright floral jeans. They just jumped out at me, and told me I had to have them and go out and 'be bright'.
I decided to put together a summer meets winter look. I paired my summery floral jeans with a light blue denim shirt that fit the blues of the jeans perfectly. I added my go to brown leather boots which have been with me for two winters already and a neutral trench coat (Gap has an amazing version of this in stores). Moving on to accessories, the leather back pack is from Red Oker, and the hat belonged to Dylan's grandpa.
FRIDAY 26 APRIL, 2013 / COMMENTS 
Oh whats this?
Just another visual feast of pastels and ruffles from Ulyana Sergeenko.
via 79 ideas
MONDAY 15 APRIL, 2013 / COMMENTS 
A beautiful look book to start the week off on the right foot.
I'm finally over my flu and got up really early this morning to get work done. I hate being so far behind on work so trying to squeeze in as many extra hours as I can. Hope your Monday is amazing!
via Wit & Delight
THURSDAY 11 APRIL, 2013 / COMMENTS 
I blogged about Orla Kiely's awesome A/W collection a few weeks ago and then yesterday I spotted her brand new Spring / Summer line over at SF Girl by bay. As always it's beautiful, fun and flirty. I love the 50's/60's influence on all her work. Those bathing suits! That tennis dress! Her clothes make me want to go to Palm Springs and drink mojito's all day.
Here are a few screen shots from the beautiful look book film which you MUST go watch it here.